Sunday, February 19, 2012

Thankful for Theta.

Hello was Newark, Delaware!

Since my last post A LOT has happend. During my visit to Hanover College I was able to try a famous milk shake from Henkles, watch 3 Disney movies and spend lots of time with some wonderful women!




The small town of Hanover is just that, small. The girls laughed when they had to drive me to Madison, IN to get the milkshake :) There was also no AT&T tower so cell phone reception was very limited. There was also no Starbucks within 45 minutes, so we got a coffee at the airport both ways. The women were so welcoming and even drove me an extra 45 minutes to Indianapolis so I wouldn't have to fly all day just to go 1 hour and 45 minutes away.

After my visit to Hanover College I headed straight for Headquarters for ELC Interviews! The funny thing about all of the ELCs is the minute we get back together it's like we were never a part. Saturday was such a fun day!! All of the ELCs made the drive to see our Alpha chapter at Depaw University.





We also stopped to see the house our founder Bettie initiated herself in and then later visited her grave. It was an emotional experience once we started thinking that without Bettie the 11 of us would never have met or had the reason to work together. Theta Love at its finest :)




Sunday morning came soon and it was time to interview the women that could potentially join our team for next year! Being on the other side of interviews was such a neat experience. I met so many great women and was able to enjoy time with the ELCs, all while talking about the job I love! Interviews were fast paced and super exciting. All of a sudden it was Tuesday, time for the candidates to leave and for the ELCs to enjoy a GALentines day celebration!

GALentines consisted of shopping, a little office work, dinner at our favorite Naked Chopstix and then seeing The Vow. I absolutely loved my time with the ELCs and was separated waaaaay too soon! I cannot wait to be reunited at end of semester, BUT, before that I get to look forward to both Joni & Justine visiting Oklahoma and seeing my home :)

After my stop at Headqaurters I traveled to Princeton, NJ to see the Epsilon Mu chapter at Princeton! From the airport I hopped on a train that took me straight to campus. I LOVE traveling by train and was able to read the first Hunger Games book! (if you haven't read it yet you definitely need to) Princeton was a GOREGOUS campus!! I had so much fun with the chapter.









Epsilon Mu's chapter president was a sweetheart named Daisy that is originally from England! Obviosuly I was obsessed with her accent and loved talking about my time in London & Oxford! Daisy took me to see a play on campus and to a wonderful Italian dinner.

My favorite part of the visit was learning about Eating Clubs! The entire system intrigues me. Eating Clubs are co-ed groups that you "bicker" to join. Once in an Eating Club that is where you eat, study and hang out. The officers of the clubs live in the facilities. Each group has huge social functions in the facility and are a central part of Princeton's campus culture. Daisy is a member of one of the oldest Eating Clubs at Princeton, The Ivy. Daisy took me to lunch at The Ivy on my last day in Princeton!



Overall I fell in love with Princeton! It was so beautiful and the women were so much fun! From Princeton I headed to Newark, Delaware to help with Zeta Tau's recruitment.

Recruitment was a huge success and I had so much fun hanging out with the women from Zeta Tau again! We had many late night WaWa runs and a huge spread from Buffalo Wild Wings the last night in ERB. Now it is time for me to pack my things and head back to the great state of Oklahoma for a much needed break!

Now boarding for home sweet 'homa!

No comments:

Post a Comment