Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Christmas City & Mike the Tiger

Hello from Atlanta (airport in route to home),

During the past week and a half I've visited the Christmas City (Bethlehem, PA) and Baton Rouge, LA. Both visits were super fun and enjoyable! First I found myself in Bethlehem, PA at Lehigh University for formal recruitment. The city of Bethlehem is known as the Christmas City. There are lights everywhere and even the star of Bethlehem on top of the mountain! The women of Epsilon Rho were excited and ready to go upon my arrival. Formal recruitment flew by with a great open house round, philanthropy round and even Theta and the Hill (Sex and the City inspired) skit round, but by far my favorite round of recruitment with these women was preference round! The chapter was so united and excited about their preference round ceremony. They chapter had beauitful decorations and truly showcased their sisterhood!


Epsilon Rho facility


admisions building



pref round kite with candles around the edge that are lit during the ceremony


hand painted Lilly Pulitzer letters a chapter member made!


The other hilarious part of my visit was my daily & nightly meetings with ERB. One evening as it was approaching 2 am ERB hit a wall and were all very tired, so like any good ELC would do, I decided to be the instructor and host a jazzercise session. ERB loved it and we had a blast doing moves to "Move Your Boogie Boday" (found on youtube). Another great night was our late night dinner run to Red Robin at around 11 pm, everything seemed so funny to us. Even the poker game Nguyen was playing! Overall, I had a wonderful experience with Epsilon Rho!

Next, I was off to Baton Rouge, LA to meet with the Delta Kappa chapter at Louisiana State University! Mike the Tiger was definitely a must see!! I was completely expecting to see a little cage he was kept in and be mad at LSU, oh was I wrong! Mike the Tiger has a HUGE habitat in the middle of campus where he lives and plays. Vet students take care of him and he is beautiful! The women of Delta Kappa must have thought I was crazy for being so excited to see a live tiger in the middle of campus... but come on, what other school has that?





The women of Delta Kappa were wonderful hosts! And did I mention the facility is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I had a lot of great meetings as well as great meals with the chapter. I am returning to Delta Kappa in March and could not be more excited! As the chapter gears up for spring recruitment I cannot wait to hear how everything turns out... especially a pintrest themed recruitment event! Go Tigers!




For now I am making an odd path from BTR to ATL to OKC! I am returning home for two days to relax, recoop, and head back on the road. I am hoping to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D!! Next stop for me is Erie, PA at Allegheny University. Now boarding...

1 comment:

  1. Love those Lilly letters! And I loved my visit to Delta Kappa!

    ReplyDelete